[xmca] self-promotion

I don't remember the context of Mike's comment, but I hope people here will not be hesitant to share out of fear of it looking like self-promotion.

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 cconnery@ithaca.edu wrote:

Hi Gordon & others,

Your e-mail is not self-promotion... A few posts back, I specifically asked to hear the perspectives of senior faculty and your stellar work is very cogent to the discussion. I'd like to hear more about a)a sociocultural / Vygotskian / CHAT perspective of this type of legislation (especially if we are marking newborns - kinders' bodies and brains at such a young age) and b) how we academics can bridge the gaps that exist between policy makers, the public, and academia regarding "learning". I'd like to push the discussion to a place where we address what we can do about it.

Thanks so much,
Cathrene