Re: [xmca] References on Teaching to a diverse classroom

Just a note for anyone who tries looking for these papers, the correct
spelling of the authors of the 2003 paper is: Scrimsher and Tudge (a
couple of letters got added to the ends of our names om the listing that
David sent out).

Jon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jonathan Tudge
Professor
155 Stone

Mailing address:
248 Stone Building
Department of Human Development and Family Studies
PO Box 26170
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170
USA

phone (336) 256-0131
fax   (336) 334-5076

http://www.uncg.edu/hdf/facultystaff/Tudge/Tudge.html

David Preiss <ddpreiss@me.com>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
12/10/2009 10:36 AM
Please respond to
"eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>

"eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [xmca] References on Teaching to a diverse classroom

Hi Michiel,

As requested, this is what I got:

Langer de Ramirez, L.  (2006). Voices of diversity.  Upper Saddle
River, NJ:  Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall.  ISBN:  0131178865

Nieto, S. (2002). Language, culture, and teaching. Mahweh, NJ:Lawrence
Erlbaum Associates.  ISBN:  0805837388

Scrimshera, S. & Tudgeb, J. (2003). The Teaching/Learning Relationship
in the First Years of School: Some Revolutionary Implications of
Vygotskya's Theory. Early Education & Development

Nocon, H. & Cole, M.  (2009) Relating Diversity in Literacy Theory. In
Handbook of Research on Literacy and Diversity

Banks et al. (2007). Learning in and out of school in diverse
environments. The Life Center: Seattle, WA

Banks, J. (2009). Multicultural Education: Issues and Perspectives.
John Wiley and Sons, 2009

Brown, E. (2006). Knowing, Valuing and Shaping One?s Culture.
Multicultural Education 14 no1, 15-19

Thanks to everybody that sent references,

DP