[xmca] Language as the link between emotions and culture.

Emotions result from either conscious or subconscious cognitive activity. We feel the, "What-does-this-mean-to-me", conclusion of cognitive processes as emotion. Emotion motivates us to action. From its spelling, the word emotion means "that which causes motion" or "motion born out of something". We do what we do because it seems to be in our interest. The thought processes, whether conscious or subconscious, provides us with the information. (in formation), the implications of which give rise to emotions. When our forebears vocally expressed these emotions and those vocal expressions subsequently were used referentially as words, the original vocal emotional expressions became cultural institutions.

		Joseph Gilbert