RE: [xmca] about emotions

Jay,

Thank you very much.

Something near to this distinction between feelings and emotions
was posed by William James too, according Vygotsky, but James
saw this distinction in terms that these social dimension of affective
world, the higher feelings, have almost nothing related to biological,
physiological, material, body, conditions. And Vygotsky criticizes
this like a way of dualistic thinking - this dualism can be understood
as based in ideological motivations too: "the human is not an animal,
nor a material been, but a divine been, in his higher, superior feelings..."

A distinction between feelings and emotions is present in Damasio too
in neurofunctional terms... But Vygotsky proposed the question of
a systemic inter-relationship in that the lower can turns higher, and
vice versa... I don't know what we can thing about this... In this
case, distinction between feelings and emotions are useful, but if
we want to understand the entire human been, his/her whole personality,
the integration and inter-functional relations between feelings and
emotions turns relevant too, In my point of view.

Best wishes.
Achilles.