[xmca] FW: Dell Hymes has passed away

Dear CAE Colleagues,

Last Friday, November 13, the field and the world lost one of our giants
when Dell Hymes passed away.  I¹m sure there will be more on arrangements
and reflections on his incredible body work over the next days and weeks.  I
wanted to let you know that there will be a memorial event in his honor at
the AAA Meeting on Saturday, December 5, 2009, from 7:30-9 pm in the Grand
Ballroom III at the Courtyard Marriott.

Dell Hymes was especially important to our organization and to the
anthropology of education.  I welcome your thoughts on ways in which we in
CAE can best honor him and his life¹s work.

With best regards,

Terri

--
Teresa L. McCarty, Ph.D.
Alice Wiley Snell Professor of Education Policy Studies

--
Melisa (Misha) Cahnmann-Taylor, Associate Professor
Language and Literacy Education