RE: [xmca] Mead Project 2.0

Thank you, very much.
Achilles.

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 10:27:17 -0500
From: MGlassman@ehe.osu.edu
To: lchcmike@gmail.com; xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
CC:
Subject: [xmca] Mead Project 2.0

Re: RE: [xmca] Response to Mike's question

I know a number of people have been thinking about Mead on this list.  I recently ran across a spectacular site, The Mead Project 2.0 - perhaps the best academic website I have come across so far.  It has not only all of Mead's works but the works of pretty much everybody who has had anything to do with him.  People may have found it already, but I thought I'd offer the link for those who have not and might be interested.

Here is the website

http://www.brocku.ca/MeadProject/inventory5.html#sectM

Based on some of the conversations here I might particularly recommend

" The Psychology of Social Consciousness Implied in Instruction ", Science 31 (1910): 688-93.  " The Psychology of Social Consciousness Implied in Instruction ", Science 31 (1910): 688-93.

and

"The Genesis of the Self and Social Control", International Journal of Ethics 35 (1925), pp. 251-77.
and Andy might like the critique of Hegel.
It is kind of addicting, so bring refreshments.

Michael