Re: [xmca] Berlin Wall "poetry"

Hi Greg,

Yes. This is, indeed, laughable and a mass media inspired perversion of a historical moment. And, surprisingly staged, for what supposedly was, according to these days reporting, a spontaneous situation. Who know how spontaneous it really was. Maybe we will know 50 years from now.

Still, it does not make the DDR less oppressive of what it was. Check this contemporary artistic re-enacment:

http://www.stasi-live-haft.de/en/index.php

Certainly, it makes me think of Guantanamo and their unknown secret analogues.

Thanks for sharing!

David