[xmca] FW: FW: Bilingual/ESL Faculty Position at the University of Illinois at Chicago

In the attachment you will find  the posting for a position in
Bilingual/ESL Education at UIC. I am also posting it as part of the
e-mail.

Thanks,

Flora V. Rodriguez-Brown

University of Illinois at Chicago
College of Education

Position Announcement

Curriculum & Instruction (Bilingual Education)

The College of Education is committed to preparing the next generation of
educators, educational leaders, and educational researchers to address the
most pressing issues in urban education. We seek candidates with a
demonstrated commitment to preparing teachers to teach effectively in
urban schools, particularly those serving African American and Latino
communities. Consistent with our mission and values, we seek to hire a
tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor in Curriculum & Instruction
with a specialization in Bilingual Education. The position requires
expertise in bilingual education. An earned doctorate in Education or a
related area is required. Candidates with English/Spanish language
proficiency and experience in securing external funding are preferred.

The successful candidate should have at least three years of K-12 teaching
experience in culturally diverse, urban settings, and experience in
teaching courses in curriculum and instruction and issues related to the
education of second-language learners.

Responsibilities will include: (1) conducting research in areas such as
ESL, bilingualism, context and differentiation of instruction for English
language learners, and multilingual instruction; (2) teaching
undergraduate, masters, and doctoral course in second language learning;
(3) advising Master's and doctoral students; (4) supervising doctoral
dissertations; (5) seeking external funding; and (6) providing service in
urban settings.

Search Chair:  Timothy Shanahan

Application Process:  For fullest consideration, submit application
letters by December 21, 2009. Applications should include a letter of
interest, graduate transcripts, curriculum vitae, and three letters of
reference. Applicants should include two or three scholarly writing
samples. These materials should be sent to:

Victoria Chou, Dean
College of Education (m/c 147)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1040 W. Harrison Street
Chicago, IL 60607

The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer.

--
Ruth Harman, Assistant Professor
Language and Literacy Department