Re: [xmca] Privatization of public universities

All those consequences, and worse, i fear, Richard. My area of the state is
now about 45% Latino. 6% of the students and a lesser % of the professors
are Latino.

Want a recipe for disaster? You got it.

And as a precondition for struggling against this kind of thinking our
faculty get a cut in pay and increase in committee work, to accompany
increasing student:faculty ratios.

Makes for very long weeks of work just to get clear access to the light at
the end of the tunnel made by an onrushing freight train.
mike