RE: [xmca] guess who

Hi, Andy.

I meant to send this to xmca...

Thank you for your comment. I red the pages you suggest. I had read them recently and they are an interesting part of the argumentation of Vygotsky towards the construction of a general psychology. I would not like to post comments about them, cause they would take us away of what others are discussing, and back to the problem of consciousness, in which I did not participate (so that would give me a lot of homework that I cannot assume at the moment: to have to go back to read those threads).

I agree with you about the fact that Vygotsky is criticising reflexology in the excerpt I quoted (below). I disagree though that Vygotsky was seen as a reflexologist either then or later (it might be that someone has considered so). Vygotsky was definitely not a reflexology. He openly criticises the simplification that Pavlov does to psychology and the physiological reductionism of his approach, and he is very much interested in consciousness, a field that is completely out of the focus of reflexology. Then, I do not agree with your point that the quote I include has to do with behaviourists, as they do not consider consciousnes (self or any other) something that could/should be scientifically studied. Could you please tell me why do you think so?

Thank you.

Mabel