Re: [xmca] guess who

Actually Fichte, the philosophy of the Ich (or Ego or I, whichever), has an interesting line on it. He says that a person recognizes themself when they are recognized by another as a human being and summoned to exercise their freedom.

Andy

mike cole wrote:
Got it first try. Mead got his PhD with Dilthey. My own guess is that this
goes back to at least Hegel, but others would know better.

(Dishes done, snuck away)
mike