RE: [xmca] Can the Right Kinds of Play Teach Self-Control?

> But there is a world of political difference among controlling
yourself, carrying out commands, and controlling others.

Jay,
Not to dispute the critical stance of your concerns re self-regulation,
I wonder to what extent the politicization of the issue obscures its
dynamics. Even the wealthy scion inheriting position and power has to
learn to navigate in an existing system "he" (most likely, he) hasn't
created. The rewards for self-control undoubtedly are much greater and
much more readily forthcoming for the prince than the pauper. But isn't
the dynamic the same?
David