Re: [xmca] Consciousness "only a part of the material quality of the man-sign"

Language is a material representational system, Haydi.

Language may be in speech (vibrations in the air), text
(markings on a surface or optical projections on a screen or
carved in stone) or texture (as in Braille), but there is no
mental telepathy version of language that I know of.

Why do you think the written and spoken word is not material?

Andy
Haydi Zulfei wrote:
Now you ask Martin to tell you a representational system which is not *material* . I tell you *language* is a system which is not material.