Re: [xmca] Consciousness

Martin

My English will not help .

As I see it , some might say * consciousness is material * and this might not be so much futile a thing , at least to this argument :

* The red thing cannot exist without its redness * .

Opponents say : * Redness is not a thing palpable , corporeal , substantial * .

This goes on .

But there is a time you say : * Cs is matter * , which you said .

This is nowadays novelty , innovation .

First from Dubrovsky * The Nature of the Ideal * -- I unfortunately don't hate at least some Soviet era books -- : * Unlike the philosophical problem of matter , the mind-brain problem is of a general scientific character ; the close relationship of these problems , however , gives no reason for their confusion . * I suppose Andy is up to this , too .

I admit understanding your debates is very hard for me . But this much I suppose I could figure out : The way you argue takes me to this point where I could accept general science has reached a proven point where it's possible for you to just think of the fission of the atom and see / assert that the nuclear plant has begun to work , lights are tangibly on .

You seem to have a problem with the word * exist * and the word * reality * philosophichally speaking . The main question is *what* exists . The corporeal thing fallen there outside of independent of the consciousness or an idea whatever however reflected emanating from that fallen thing there in some mysterious box within you -- no place to go deeper -- with which you can make a new world , the former exterminable to a blink/an isntant , the latter persistent to your extension of your healthy livingness . Both real/existant , too .

Now to the present post : my hopefully mistaken corrections : What makes the dollar bill *real* is *two* things : one the corporeal , the other external representation of the ideal , the ideal is psychic -- difference between Ilyenko/Dubrovsky -- .

As of the President , there's no problem with what you have referred to ; the problem manifests itself when you take the Statue of the President as well .

To my understanding , even the external representations of the internal ideas are ideal even to the definition of Lenin . for they are outside but not *independent* of the mind/consciousness as the paper money brought into a country where ... . Then no contradiction with Marx either .

With language in each aspect of it , too , you cannot take it with the things it articulates on the same ground ; we can always ask the meaning of the word/text/ for *what* . Language itself is ideal as Cs is . The internal idea of Obama as being there is usually *one* but put into language you know you reach polysemy referring to one referrent . No , they are not equally material or equally imaginary !? How can President Obama imagine of a well-planned health care Bill and all other things be solved/taken for granted . The problem you are long discussing is really that easy to think of this way !

[[ “'Real talers have the same existence that the imagined gods have." ]] Yes and Yes ! Because the existence of both depend on the existence of a thinking body . You take *real* for *corporeal* . Put paper as something just corporeal in place of *real talers* and see what then happens with your formula .

[[ Has a real taler
any existence except in the imagination, if only in the general or rather common imagination of man? ]] No , no !! Because even real talers are ideal tied with the Cs of man ; Here Marx ignores the corporeality part ; just thinks of the ideality part .

Best
Haydi