[xmca] History, today, individual, action and no action

I have one question in my mind that I look for the answer and intend to
share:

People seem to be more critical towards facts, actions etc in history, let's
say, United States foreign policy...or let's say some "bad" features of
capitalism

But the same people seem less critical towards the current ones, parallel or
similar to the same fact...and tend to see these facts unavoidable, as facts
to be admitted as facts etc

What may be the reasons for this?

May one of these the fact that, historical one is frozen and needs no change
but if you are critical towards a current one, then you should move against
it, you should enter into action against it...and this is the reason why,
people do not criticize the current one, because they do not want to act
against it...they know the fact is "bad" , they admit it, but they perhaps
try to rationalize their position etc?

(It is obvious that that inaction is not merely inaction, it means also less
consciousness in some respects...In some respects, because "action" is not
always filled with a better consciousness...e.g. actions of masses at a
historical moment may be with or without more or les consciousness)

Thanks

Ulvi