From: Michalis Kontopodis <michalis.kontopodis@staff.hu-berlin.de>
Subject: Re: [xmca] Re: [ISCAR News] EXTRA ISCAR NEWS Sept 2009
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:08 PM

Dear Dot,

first of all thanks for beginning this discussion - discussing in public is always good.

As far as I am concerned, Kevin O'Connor, the US/Canada representative, is planning to begin communicating per email with the US/Canada members in in order to receive suggestions and ideas from all. Other regions have already set up networks or meetings for more direct participation of all members.

I would also say that the idea of soliciting opinions from members on relevant journals is a good one. We will do this next time a journal cooperation comes in question. It is also a good idea to create space in the ISCAR newsletter for members to express their opinion before any decisions are taken, and we could also create a blog for such purposes. We will consider these issues in the coming Exec Com meeting, which - by the way - is in a few weeks.

Regarding the ICHS-Series and the publishing of PhD Dissertations:

Since it was myself that announced the discount, I would like to ask all interested members to wait for the next newsletter which is going exactly to provide all relevant information about the ICHS Series. Since many years the possibility to publish with low costs is given by the ICHS-Series editors Georg Rückriem and Harmut Giest to German scholars. It was my initiative to inform about this possibility all ISCAR members/ PhD Students but some formal issues need to be agreed upon before an official announcement is made. I promise that by the end of October all relevant questions will be answered.

Regarding the Russian Journal of Cultural-Historical Psychology, I guess that ISCAR will be happy to support the journal if requested.

Concluding this email, I would like to encourage all members to communicate directly with the Exec Com - either with their region representative, the president Marilyn Fleer or with myself for all issues, we all will be indeed happy to receive feedback, support, questions and ideas,

in this regard: thanks again Dot,

yours,

Michalis Kontopodis
ISCAR Secretary