[xmca] Fwd: International Conference on Learning, Hong Kong Institute of Education, 6-9 July 2010

For those of you who happen to be in the area.......
mike

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the Advisory Board, we would like to inform you of the:

SEVENTEENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LEARNING
Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
6-9 July 2010
http://www.LearningConference.com

The International Conference on Learning is for anyone with an interest in,
and concern for, education at any of its levels and in any of its forms,
from early childhood, to schools, to higher education and lifelong learning
- and in any of its sites, from home to school to university to workplace.

In present-day Hong Kong, traditional Chinese practices are met with a
Westerly modern way of life. In similar fashion, education, too, has
developed under this analogous balancing act, having integrated a
western-style education model with a Colonial Hong Kong school system of
education by the mid-nineteenth century. The Hong Kong Institute of
Education, in the same vein, brings teacher education into the 20th and 21st
centuries - the result of merging the five former Colleges of Education in
1994.

Learning Conference plenary speakers include:
Katerine Bielaczyc, National Institute of Education, Singapore
Yasmin B. Kafai, Journal of the Learning Sciences
Kerry Kennedy, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
Samuel Leong, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
Bob Lingard, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia

The Conference will also include numerous paper, workshop and colloquium
presentations by practitioners, teachers and researchers. We would
particularly like to invite you to respond to the Conference
Call-for-Papers. Presenters may choose to submit written papers for
publication in The International Journal of Learning. If you are unable to
attend the Conference in person, virtual registrations are also available
which allow you to submit a paper for refereeing and possible publication.

Whether you are a virtual or in-person presenter at this Conference, we also
encourage you to present on the Conference YouTube Channel. Please select
the Online Sessions link on the Conference website for further details.

The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short
abstract) is 17 September 2009. Future deadlines will be announced on the
Conference website after this date.  Proposals are reviewed within two weeks
of submission. Full details of the Conference, including an online proposal
submission form, are to be found at the Conference website -
http://www.LearningConference.com/.

We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to join
us in Hong Kong in July 2010.

Yours Sincerely,

Prof. Nicola Yelland
Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong
For the Advisory Board, International Conference on Learning and The
International Journal of Learning

***

If you have any inquiries about this conference, please send them by reply
to this email. All emails are answered in person by one of our conference
administrators within two working days.

Note: If you would like to be removed from this list, please reply to this
email with the word 'Unsubscribe' in the subject line. Make sure that you
send your request to unsubscribe from the same e-mail address that received
this email.