Re: [xmca] Intensions and mistakes of simple transmission

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Monica Hansen <
monica.hansen@vandals.uidaho.edu> wrote:

> I appreciate the way you understood and expanded my requirements of the
> task
> and brought in "as given" and "as received". The misunderstandings incurred
> over the idea of communication--and with that teaching--as simple
> transmission have contributed hugely to misinterpretation of standardized
> testing and even the goal of curriculum and education itself. Lucky for us,
> humans are inclined to be social and discursive and continue to negotiate
> meaning :).

And I appreciate your contributing to this very complex, ongoing discussion.
I am beginning to have
this dim hope that there is come convergence in some of these far flung
conversations.

all-- voting for next article for discussion ends tomorrow with the return
of Brenda to oversee the orderly flow of con-verse-ation.

vote on an article for discussion or forever byte your finger!