Re: [xmca] a minus times a plus

I also find the "marching on the number line" idea helpful, Monica.
There ought to be several on-line ways to embody this way of thinking about
the problem, but I have not found them.
I personally, intuitively, find the  "a minus times a plus" easier to
understand than a  minus times a minus". For the latter,
something like the idea of the sign as an "operator" seems to be required.

But I'll bet your way of doing things could be a great outdoor game for
kids. How do you do multiplication?
mike

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Monica Behrend <Monica.Behrend@unisa.edu.au