From: "O'Connor, Kevin" <kevin.oconnor@rochester.edu>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:16:30 PM
Subject: [xmca] FW: AERA - Announcement of One Week Extension of Submission Deadline

For those of you who are busily working on proposals for AERA - the message
below will be going out to all AERA members in the morning, but we thought
that there might be some of you who would appreciate learning of this
tonight!

Kevin and Lois

Lois Holzman <lholzman@eastsideinstitute.org>
Kevin O'Connor <kevin.oconnor@rochester.edu>

Cultural-Historical Research SIG Program co-chairs

Dear AERA Members:

We are pleased to announce a one-week extension of the deadline for 2010
Annual Meeting submissions from July 15, 2009 to July 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Pacific Time. We decided to extend the date by one week because a number of
submission changes are being introduced for the 2010 Annual Meeting, along
with the earlier deadline. We hope that the additional week allows ample
time to permit quality submissions.

Keep in mind that, although paper submissions need to address all of the
elements set forth in the Call, these submissions do not need to be the
final paper. You have until 3 weeks before the start of the Annual Meeting
to upload the final paper into the AERA Online Submission System. The new
guidelines for session submissions are also set forth in the Call. See the
full Call at
http://www.aera.net/uploadedFiles/Publications/Journals/Educational_Research
er/3804/301-322_05EDR09.pdf.

We hope this additional flexibility for 2010 is of help. The AERA Online
Submission System is also available until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on July 22nd
for those who have advanced submissions and wish to reenter the system to
further refine their work.

Good luck. We look forward to seeing you in Denver.

Best wishes,

Carol D. Lee
President

Ronald S. Rochon