From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of Bruce Robinson
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 12:02 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] FW: National Anthem and Aspergers

What is the US Code? It sounds ominous and authoritarian.

Until the end of the 1960s they used to play the national anthem at the end
of films and concerts in Britain. It was abandoned because by then everyone
used to dash for the exit anyhow - there is a scene to that effect in an
episode of 'Dad's Army' (known in the US?) where Captain Mainwaring gets
knocked over in the rush when he stands to attention and salutes. It also
accounts for a recording of 'God Save the Queen' by the Duke Ellington
Orchestra.

Bruce R