From: peter jones [mailto:h2cmng@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, 20 July 2009 04:33 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] a tool for the 6th dimension - 'cogeographic awareness' ?

A fascinating talk Paul thanks I must spend an evening or two pref in winter going through TED amazing resource.

Recently I blogged about a term which came to me, which I thought I had found on the web - 'cogeograpy' or 'cogneographic':

http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/2009/07/cogeographic-or-cogneographic-concepts.html

I've just posted the following comment to Computing (yet to appear) at ....

http://www.computing.co.uk/computing/news/2246321/five-nhs-trusts-involved

- regards the UK's National Health Service suffering more confidential data losses through laptops and devices...

========
Such events merely (without trivializing) highlight the human capacity to ERR biggish time. Is it not possible for tech to help? If info systems through to mobile devices had a sense of where they are and their status as carrying sensitive data recognised through digital IDs - plus additional meta-dynamic data, then cogeographic awareness might result? I blogged about this with ref to conceptual spaces -

http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/2009/07/cogeographic-or-cogneographic-concepts.html

This would be an artificial example and would make it possible for data previously designated as confidential to self-destruct - 'e-vaporate' if it found itself beyond a given combined virtual environment and . or physical environment hospital, Trust boundary, SHA, National border...? This facility already exists no doubt in security services - as suggested in the realms of MI and 007. Cogeographic or  (cogneographic) may be a neologism and seeks to conjoin the cognitive (cognition) involved in defining, representing and using concepts in conceptual spaces; AND the finding that knowledge is invariably situated - that is knowledge has a geography. Copies of NHS data could have a geography too...?

Regards
Peter Jones
Lancashire
UK
--
http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/
Hodges Health Career - Care Domains - Model