Re: [xmca] Antinomies in practice

Nice one, Mike.
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/epm/3rd.htm#044
has the entire context
Andy
Mike Cole wrote:
While preparing an abstract for an AERA symposium, I was reminded of this
statement from Marx which seems really
important to me and I thought might be of interest to others.
mike

Wilden, Anthony. *System and Structure.* New York: Tavistock Publications,
1980.

As the young Marx put it (1844: 162):

It is only in a social context that subjectivism and objectivism,
spiritualism and materialism, activity and passivity cease to be antinomies,
and thus cease to exist as such antinomies. The resolution of the
THEORETICAL contradictions is possible ONLY through practical means, only
through the PRACTICAL energy of man.