Re: [xmca] cartoons-comics in sociocultural context

I dopn't know if it meets your spec, but a book by my brother is, in my 'umble view, rather good:

Martin Barker
Comics: Ideology, power and the critics
Manchester Univ Press 1989

A key influence is the great Volosinov.

Colin B

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer
>>> "Plakitsi Katerina" <kplakits@cc.uoi.gr> 07/08/09 3:04 PM >>>
Dear colleagues,
do you know about any articles concerning the role of cartoons or comics in
the sociocultural context? I would be grateful for your help.
Katerina
Katerina Plakitsi
Assistant Professor of Science Education
Departement of Early Childhood Education
School of Education
University of Ioannina
Greece
tel. +302651095771