RE: [xmca] a minus times a plus

Dear Mike and everybody--

Mike wrote,
> What one I think is literally deadening, Eugene, is binaries with
> uniformities on both sides. Under such conditions, change is
> impossible.

Hmmm... I think tools and environment can make certain things easier or
difficult to happen but, probably, never impossible. As Heidegger once said
(did he?), any tool can be a weapon if you know how to use it. Knife can
kill in hands of a criminal but can cure in hands of a surgeon. However, it
is true that criminals prefer knives over feathers (although, as Heidegger
correctly pointed out (if it were Heidegger), feathers can be also deadly).

Sometimes I'm binary and sometimes I am not. I just try to not allow
binaries control me. When binaries control me, I become deadly. When I
control them, I'm, probably, OK. What is important for me is not to be
consistent but rather humane ;-)

What do you think?

Eugene

database 4049 (20090501) __________