RE: [xmca] a minus times a plus

Dear everybody--

plus, I was thinking that it is a mathematical model of the Arabic wisdom
that "an enemy of my enemy is my friend." Of course, the latter is not
always true -- we have plenty of examples when enemy of our enemy is still
our enemy (or just indifferent) and, thus, for these types of social
relations, the mathematical model of (-1) x (-1) =1 does not work. Just
consider, for an example, the relations among the US, Al-Qaida, and Saddam
Hussein.

The issue for me is why the Western civilization prioritizes (and then
mathematizes) social relations described in the Arabic wisdom. One answer is
because "the real world" works according to these social relations (i.e.,
the social relations is just an example of the truth out there). An
alternative explanation is that the Western civilization can afford and
might be even benefit from imposing these social relations on "the real
world" that by itself is indifferent to any social relations (and thus
mathematical models). Any other explanations?

What do you think?

Eugene

database 4043 (20090429) __________

http://www.eset.com