Re: [xmca] a minus times a plus

This is great, Steve. Back to Eric's strategy of personal experience and
money exchanges.
We are dividing in what I think is a productive way. One way goes toward the
mathematical foundations,
the other goes toward everyday transactions.

I still want a picture to help me out the way   + cartesian coordinates
APPEARS to help us understand
addition and subtraction involving mixture of positive and negative numbers.
every puzzled in san diego.
mike