Re: [xmca] Where is thinking

Andy

The same way you explain the darkening blue twilight I saw yesterday framed within an arch of the campus building. You don't. You do them.

As far as practice and mathematical symbolism goes, there certainly seems to be a need for some sort of practicing (how does one, for example, draw an integral sign or meander through a geometric proof). The problem with practice often is, as Goffman puts it I think, the play often never goes on and, perhaps one might say, the abstract never becomes concrete.

Ed