Re: [xmca] Where is thinking

No-one interested in the Gumplowig/Gumplowicz quote any more? Or in the
provenance of the popular notion that we do our thinking 'inside ourselves',
'inside our own heads'? I can't decide whether this notion has ruined
psychology or created it...

At any rate, the best comment so far, I would say, is Vera's summation: “We
are profoundly, irrevocably interdependent. We need a new set of terms to
express the consequences of that interdependence when it comes to
psychological processes...” (One could put *our thinking* or *consciousness*or
*our being conscious of things *in place of *psychological processes*.) We
are still on square one.

Derek