Re: [xmca] Asking for the “piatiorka”

Anton--

I have in my possession the map of Luria's apartment, circa 1976. The
audiotape was copied by Davydov who took it back to Moscow. i have not
been able to locate the original, but it is possible his wife has it. Only
one living person missing, Leontiev. I interviewed him separately. I was
rewarded with an Inuit (or whatever that ethnic group on our side of Alaska
is called in Russia, perhaps Chukchuk). I have that in my library.
I will try to make a pdf of the "map" of the room and speakers.

I believe that these people maintained their intellectual and personal
connections into old age. They each had their own line of work but the
overlaps are remarkably similar to a concerted effort to fulfill the program
of research laid out circa 1929, pictograms and all. They sang songs
together and recited the poem they created for Leontiev when his phd thesis
was published with a forward from the editors saying it was a piece
of capitalist running dog poopoo. Some, I am not sure which ones, went to
Kharkov, at least for a while.

This could be a great topic for an historian of this period like you. But it
would take a good deal of reading, of finding articles from obscure places
and piecing the story together. I belief that the inst of defectology would
be one of the critical nodes in this rhyszhomic cultural organism, the inst
of preschool ed another. Perhaps, but less likely, wherever Zeigarnik, who
was in spirit closely connected to this group, collected her data.

Let me inquire by cc for further information.

mike