From: Richard Price <richard.price@academia.edu>
Date: April 1, 2009 2:29:41 PM GMT-04:00
To: davidpreiss@uc.cl
Subject: Academia.edu launches - gigantic tree of academics

Dear Professor David Preiss,

I am a post-doc in philosophy at Oxford. I recently created Academia.edu, which is a gigantic tree diagram of every academic in the world. Academia.edu's goal is to be like Facebook or LinkedIn for academics.

Stephen Hawking, Richard Dawkins, Noam Chomsky, Paul Krugman and Steven Pinker have all added their names to Academia.edu's tree recently, and so have 70% of the Nobel Prize winners for 2008. Over 800,000 academics have started to use Academia.edu in the last 6 months.

It would be wonderful if you could support Academia.edu, by adding your name to the Academia.edu tree. To add your name, just follow the link below:

http://www.academia.edu/Add-yourself

Richard

Dr. Richard Price
http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardPrice

About Academia.edu
---------------------------

Academia.edu was founded by Richard Price and a team of people from Stanford and Cambridge University. The aim is for the site to list every academic in the world, together with their university and department affiliation.

To contact us, please email hello@academia.edu, or write to us at: 2140 Taylor St, #806, San Francisco, CA, 94133

To opt out of receiving these kinds of emails from Academia.edu, go to:
http://www.academia.edu/optout/753619df6eee721731c05c25187687a8

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Escuela de Psicología
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna - 4860
7820436 Macul
Santiago, Chile

Fono: 3544605