Re: [xmca] Internalization of performance standards

Yes. We appear to be talking past each other with lots of bemused observers.

I misinterpreted your first message because I had this
quick response to the word "standards" which in my
life comes up most often in the NCLB context. You quite appropriately
reoriented me.

But I got to thinking, as I often do, about internalization
at the level of individuals and of organizations. Hence my response.

In YOUR context (now) I believe we agree.
mike

PS-- Do you think I am totally off the wall in drawing an analogy between
internalization at the individual and organizational levels? (Disinterest
aside). Certainly very possible!!!