Re: [xmca] Internalization of performance standards

Oh, THAT kind of performance standards. I was missing the context. e.g. we
internalize the expectations that others have of us.

Shifting contexts to the level of national educational policy (which was the
context I created with your words) provides an sort of interesting way to
think about the extent to which no child left behind standards were
internalized. At the institutional level, a lot in some places judging by
the way in which classrooms have been changed into test driven organizations
and accepted as "appropriate" (having been appropriated!).
mike