Re: [xmca] Internalization of performance standards

Mike

The idea behind such a phrasing, if I understand correctly, seems to predate Aristotle (he says something like "We think it proper for the young to be modest, because as they live by feeling they often err, and modesty may keep them in check"), but such wording (i.e. 'internalization of performance standards') appears in Elena Bodrova and Deborah J. Leong. Tools of the Mind so I had assumed that it was somewhat usual.

Ed