Re: [xmca] The national context for education funding in the US

Important for all of us to consider, thanks Peter. Away from home, I did not
see the story.

There is a comment I think worth attending to among all the realistic doom
and gloom: The idea of a 100,000 student "research university" is indeed
very problematic. The quality of higher education, in my view, has been
sinking for years, and the forms of instruction and interaction that
routinely take place in my much
smaller research university verge on the scandalous.

mike