[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] Hedegaard article
- To: email@example.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] Hedegaard article
- From: Ali Hussain <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:34:39 +0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=pNIc3Y4JcfECbYoW671DLZZzT8PueO+fePQNQvKL6go=; b=mDp5QTgyCAudYOoMPW6Gi9dzISabqN9QPmQnCt8cspaS4EIe22uYEvTa1PnmeDwQd6 guLONLmxdN2taHUx8kdGfFmwSZp1jTe/zz6A/tAb6u33YaVBqIP3FsuFudCm8+UvFt/U Ydge4P9voWniB5ml77hmbUOEv1i0IsO2vFmh4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=UYiqCC/GOAjA70atA/6ZruX1UWy4/GQeRdPgKCPaHMKDlxTkhSseB1kczMzbPwNPuG At19FRq0chkyfFYxjqfk7hftauu7bcqVLANlFh48PiqO1MgPyhBtan645ysOTxKUaNzB o0D0pJQIHlV4u8AjcOVerF2g8jsDhQ97ve6/s=
- In-reply-to: <49A912B3.email@example.com>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49A912B3.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I much enjoyed Mariane Hedegaard's paper, though my comments will be quite
> bare. Is someone passing the discussions on this list to Mariane?
> There are a number of aspects of this paper which I particularly
> appreciate: the effort to introduce notions of the good life and 'a good
> development' and other ethical considerations into the scientific study, and
> further including questioning of the power relations, interests and values
> entailed in the formation of views about child development. These notions
> create an internal tension within the idea of development which I think a
> purely descriptive approach can capture.
> I also appreciated the intention to include "children's projects, their
> intentions, their everyday practices, and their interacitons with other
> persons ..." I think this is necessary if we are to have a theory of
> development which is really able to deal with *human beings* rather than
> I think the tripartite setting: individual, the various particular
> institutions, and the state, is good. My only qualification is that these
> days "state" is more or less to be subsumed under "particular institutions"
> and can no longer be deemed as "universal".
> Finally, I would like to see an explicit recognition that crises arise in
> the development of the child which do not arise from conflicts between
> institutions, such as parental-culture and school-culture. A good social
> situation of development will generate crises for the child which can only
> be overcome by development, otherwise there would be no development at all.
> That said, I think it is a promising line of enquiry to look at the kind of
> development children have to make when confronted with the kind of
> institutional conflict the young Danish-TUrkish boy confronted.
> Thank you very much Mariane.
> Mike Cole wrote:
>> Taylor and Francis appears to have left us hanging again on our article
>> discussion. Or I am doing something wrong.
>> In any case, attached is the article by Mariane Hedegaard that you voted
>> for discussion.
>> read, enjoy, ask questions, expound truths!!
>> xmca mailing list
> Andy Blunden http://home.mira.net/~andy/ <http://home.mira.net/%7Eandy/>+61 3 9380 9435 Skype andy.blunden
> Hegel's Logic with a Foreword by Andy Blunden:
> xmca mailing list
Ali Hussain Jiwani
Professional Web-Designer (http://b4db0y.com)
xmca mailing list