RE: [xmca] Re: microcosm/unit of analysis and xmca discourse

Thank you David,

With much minus than a block of marble, David wins Goliath, didn't he?
Well, I don´t think about consciousness like a Minotaur... But perhaps
any kind of abstract unit of analysis without a concrete processual,
developing "referent"... (even Eco speaks about semiotization of the
referent, its not the point). Of course I don't Believe that Vygotsky have
proposed such a only-formal unit... but concreteness in Marxism is not
a simple empirical verification question as well, do you agree?... Therefore,
the dialog and doubts can persists...

In the text "The crisis of the seven years" (1933-1934) Vygotsky talks
about tree kinds of relations to which we can think in units to understand:

(a) personality and environment... (unit: perezhivanie)
(b) thinking and speech... (unit: word meaning)
(c) psychic development and physics development (...?...)

After... perezhivanie is at the same time an unit to consciousness,
and attention and thinking, only elements... Not surprising, if we
consider "consciousness as relation between child and environment"
(Vygotsky, 1933-34/2006 - p. 386)*

(*= excuse me. I quote from Spanish Edition, tom. IV, and my
translation to English... you know...)

But before all these possibilities there is an expression: "unit in the theory and
the investigation"... I don´t understand if theory and investigation are some
kind of dialectical dyad like the tree others or more a different kind of relation...
However, perhaps there will be a difference between "theory and investigation"
and the others... because the others can exist without theory and investigation...
but not vice-versa... (the problem of sculptures without Achilles and Minotaur)...
Perhaps I would asking for the problem of a unit for theory and practice... But
I am not so sure... We can not grasp the whole... but I´m feeling that neither
the unit we can grasp too, even so... If you permit one more digression: it's
seems to me as if the units of analysis can (only can, not must) becomes new
objects of study and so forth... maybe like pictures of the sculptures, etc...

Tank you very much.

Achilles (without a sculpture)...