Re: [xmca] Frameworks and Methods for historical research on culture and identity

Aniket, here's a key text on historical perspectives/methods on identity
construction:

Holland, D., & Lave, J.  (2001).  History in person: Enduring struggles,
contentious practice, intimate identities.  Santa Fe: School of American
Research Press.

On 1/26/09 4:40 AM, "Aniket Aga" <aniket.aga.1982@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if someone could point me to
> frameworks/articles/syllabi/anything about how one could historicize the
> study of culture and identity. In other words, I am looking for material on
> how one can research the historical development/evolution of culture and
> identity as also why one should ground such studies in history.
>
> Any help will be deeply appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Aniket

Richard Beach
Professor of English Education
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
359 Peik Hall, 159 Pillsbury Dr., S. E.
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455
rbeach@umn.edu
612-625-3893 (voice messages only)
952-649-7289
Teaching Literature to Adolescents website
<http://www.teachingliterature.org/teachingliterature/>
TeachingMediaLiteracy.Com book website
<http://teachingmedialiteracy.com>
Teaching Digital Writing website