[xmca] New Issue of Childhood & Philosophy

From: Maughn Gregory <gregorym@mail.montclair.edu>
Date: Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:44 AM
Subject: New Issue of Childhood &amp; Philosophy
To: P4CUS <p4cus@cehs-lists.montclair.edu>

New Issue of Childhood & Philosophy

Childhood & Philosophy Volume 4 Number 8 has just been published online.
This issue is the first to be published since our move to a new platform,
which enhances the accessibility and readability of the journal, and
includes on-line mechanisms for contributor submissions and peer review.
It includes papers in four languages--on the relationship between
literature and philosophy with children, on representations of the child
in art, on community of philosophical inquiry with teenagers, on moral
education through the discussion of dilemmas, and on the social importance
of the concept in John Dewey's work.  All papers include abstracts in
English, Spanish, and Portuguese.  In addition, we have launched a new
section, entitled (in both commemoration and anticipation) "The ICPIC
Bulletin," which, in this issue, includes field-reports on projects in
Argentina, Mexico, and Turkey.  Finally, it includes an epistolary
conversation between the editors on childhood, temporality, philosophy,
education, and schooling.

The journal can be accessed at http://www.periodicos.proped.pro.br/.
Abstracts can be viewed directly, but downloading the articles themselves
requires a simple login procedure.  We welcome your feedback, and
encourage your submissions for future issues.  For those of you who are
not familiar with the journal, childhood & philosophy, the official
journal of the International Council of Philosophical Inquiry with
Children, is a biannual publication dedicated to the intersections and
interfaces of philosophy, philosophy of childhood, children's
philosophies, and philosophical inquiry with children. It welcomes all
submissions, both theoretical and applied, that are located within or
between these multiple boundaries. It also offers a forum for descriptions
of and reports on events and projects involving philosophical practice
with children.

Direct link to the Table of Contents:

<http://www.periodicos.proped.pro.br/index.php?journal=childhood&page=is
sue&op=view&path%5b%5d=19<http://www.periodicos.proped.pro.br/index.php?journal=childhood&page=issue&op=view&path%5b%5d=19>

or

http://www.periodicos.proped.pro.br/index.php?journal=childhood&page=iss
ue&op=view&path[]=19<http://www.periodicos.proped.pro.br/index.php?journal=childhood&page=issue&op=view&path%5B%5D=19>

(Choose viewing language in the dialoge box on the right side of screen)

Sincerely,

David Kennedy, Walter Kohan

Co-editors

---
You are currently subscribed to p4cus as: ddowningw@gmail.com
leave-p4cus-1778597P@cehs-lists.montclair.edu

--
Deborah Downing Wilson
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition