[xmca] Help needed proofreading Leontyev

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2008 - 04:34:24 PST

Is there anyone who actually owns a copy of Leontyev's 1978
book who would be prepared to proofread this PDF of it for me?

http://marx.org/archive/leontev/works/activity-consciousness.pdf

This actually include the shorter 1977 version as a kind of
introduction as well.

Andy

Steve Gabosch wrote:
> Thank you, Haydi. For me, your warm sentiments about seeking truth and
> looking for it far and wide apply to everyone on xmca, each of us doing
> so in our own way. These are among the things that keep me coming back
> - the serious seeking, and the many ways.
>
> Highest regards,
> - Steve
>

> ps I found all the places that your Leontiev quotes appear in Activity,
> Consciousness and Personality in your second section, 2., but I am not
> as sure from where you are referencing the first quotes in the first
> section, 1. Are the quotes in 1. all from Zaporozhets Pavlov’s
> Clinical Environments [Pavlovskie klinicheskie sredy], 1954, vol. 1, p.
> 275?]
>

> On Dec 13, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Haydi Zulfei wrote:
>
>> Dear Steve,
>> Days off the list , I didn't learn about your kind words . There are
>> many points to discuss . I see you are one of the rarest who try to
>> seek truth no matter where and from which side it comes from ,
>> Vygotksy , Leontiev , Luria , Uznadze , the Kharkov School , Engestrom
>> , Van Der Veer , Valsiner , the once Soviet Times of the Heavy Hands ,
>> Orient , Occident , Marx , Trotsky , Lenin , Bourdieu , Parsons ,
>> whatever and wherever , Of course , truth seems to be a variable
>> rather than a constant ; however , fanatically condeming anyone to be
>> a dogmatist is itself a Dogma . I wouldn't like to ignore etiquette ;
>> however , this filterization of the Plain Text of the xmca is my
>> greatest obstacle when I want to quote from the read materials . Hence
>> my deepest apologies for the attachment . It's in support of Leontiev
>> being non-reductionist .
>> Best
>> Haydi

>>> psychology). Leontiev to my knowledge was the first to seriously