Re: [xmca] Marx and Engels works quoted by LSV

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 05:57:48 PST

Supplementary to that ...

I think "My relation to my environment is my consciousness"
is LSV's precis of the famous first chapter of The German
Ideology
http://marx.org/archive/marx/works/1845/german-ideology/ch01a.htm

which is in the first section of V. 3 of the Russian edition
of the CW: http://lugovoy-k.narod.ru/marx/marx.htm

BTW, Marx never actually says it as flatly as that.

If you can read Russian, then the above URL is the best
resource for checking Marx-Engels quotes from the Russians.
Unfortunately, marxists.org is lacking a Russian
administrator at the moment and we have only a small
collection of Marx in Russian.

Also, the 1844 Manuscripts were first deciphered and
translated into English by Raya Dunayevskaya, but as a
supporter of Trotsky her work was ignored to by the Stalinists.

Andy