[xmca] Race, language, etc

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2008 - 11:55:25 PST

I was in the middle of writing up comments on Jay's long and interesting
posts on this topic
when I got bushwacked by life and other work. Attached are two articles that
one group
of bushwackers set upon me. I believe that they are relevant to the issues
under discussion, they are short, and pretty easy to read. And they are from
people with whom cultural-historical psychologists do not ordinarily find
congenial to think with. Yet, in this case, I at least find them
interesting to think with.

I also have a draft LCHC article on questions of methodology which I have
thought of posting, but
I am not certain that people are not already overwhelmed, and ours was
written in the specific
framework of educational research and does not properly take into account a
lot of traditions
that Mary and others have brought to the discussion..... and besides. We
have a new article
for discussion coming up!!

on "race," and language that you might find interesting.