[xmca] postdoc---Embodied knowing and learning in mathematics

From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth who-is-at uvic.ca>
Date: Mon Nov 24 2008 - 03:53:09 PST

Hi all,
there might be someone interested in this possibility to work here at
my institution with a colleague and myself. Cheers, Michael

SSHRC-funded Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematics Education

  We are seeking a motivated individual with interest and expertise
in classroom-video based research to contribute to our SSHRC funded
project on Embodied Knowing and Learning in Elementary Mathematics.

        The successful candidate will join Drs. Wolff-Michael Roth and
Jennifer Thom as well as a team of graduate researchers in the
Faculty of Education, Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the
Univerisity of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. During the term,
the successful candidate will participate in the research project as
well as initiate and actively publish with Drs. Roth and Thom. Given
that this research is classroom-based and focuses on elementary
students’ participation and understanding of mathematics lessons, it
is desirable that the candidate be fluent in English and have
experience teaching in the classroom.

  $38K per year: A single year fellowship, renewable for a second year.

Interested applicants should write to Drs. Roth (mroth@uvic.ca) and
Thom (jethom@uvic.ca) with a letter detailing relevant expertise and
proposed contributions to the project, current curriculum vitae, two
samples of scholarly work reflecting your research interests, and