Re: [xmca] Glitches

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 15:27:29 PST

Mike, I haven't yet received 15(1) of MCA, and so far as I
can see no article from that issue has been made available
for discussion by Taylor & Francis. A while ago you
suggested the following papers for discussion:

Allan Luke, Race and Language as Capital in School: A
Sociological Template for Language Education Reform
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/lukeinkubotalin.pdf

Yrjö Engeström, THE FUTURE OF ACTIVITY THEORY: A ROUGH DRAFT
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/ISCARkeyEngestrom.pdf

Mary van der Riet, CHAT and HIV/AIDS
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/CHAT%20and%20HIV%3AAIDS%20Van%20der%20Riet.pdf>

Mary van der Riet, Reconceptualising IV/AIDS interventions
http://communication.ucsd.edu/MCA/Paper/CHAT%20HIV%3AAIDs%20-%20reconceptualizing%20interventions.pdf

-----------

I had a look at Yrjö's paper and really I found nothing of
interest in it other than it's lack of interest. I did read
Mary's paper which I found very challenging and there was an
all too short discussion on it on the list. Allan Luke's
paper is from July. Allan is from the University of
Queensland, but I did not read the paper.

If Allan or you Mike have a PDF of Allan's paper in 15(1)
which I know nothing of, then I would be happy to join a
discussion.

Andy