Re: [xmca] "Internal dynamics [image] of disease" (Roman Luria)

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 13:50:35 PDT

Hi Bella (with two LLs!- excuse my sloppy typing).

My understanding is that RAL wanted ARL to become a Dr. and thought
psychology a waste of time. ARL went for psychology, but, in part at least,
through his association with Vygotsky, did some medical school work in
parallel
with their other work in the late 1920's-1930's. Then the terror descended
and
going to medical school was a tunnel to survival, a tunnel that opened up
tragically (again) in WWII.

The twists and turns, again in my limited understanding, are in the
"Dialogue with the Autobiography of A.R. Luria." Perhaps Karl Yefimich has
something to add or correct?
mike