[xmca] Self regulation and development of higher psych functions

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 09:37:03 PDT

 Dear xmca-o-mites----

Mark Ylvisaker, who works with brain damaged kids, visited ISCAR and gave an
interesting talk that in some ways
reminded me of some of what Alex Kozulin talked about in his plenary talk at
USD. Mark has suggested taking a look
at his website which is specified below. Perhaps you will find it of
interest, and I am sure that mark, cc'ed on this message, would appreciate
feedback.
mike
*
LEARNet*: Have you taken a look at our web site??
*www.bianys.org/learnet/*The tutorial on SR scripts is found by
clicking on Tutorials and then
Self-Regulation/Executive Function Routines. A Tutorial about parent-child
interaction designed to "teach thinking" (within a Vygotskyan tradition) is
found by clicking on Tutorials and then Conversation and Cognition. Both
have video illustrations. I hope that either you or your students will find
some of this interesting and useful. Please let me know what you (or they)
think. I would also like to write an evidence review for the "Conversation
and Cognition" tutorial (analogous to the review at the end of the SR/EF
Routines tutorial). Let me know if you or others might have access to a
useful set of references for that purpose