[xmca] FW: 3 job postings - Urban ed, Inclusive ed, English ed

From: Peter Smagorinsky <smago who-is-at uga.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 12:26:01 PDT

3 job postings from the University of Rochester follow: Urban Education,
Inclusive Education, English Education. Please contact the person listed in
the postings for more information.

Faculty Position
Urban Education (Teaching & Curriculum) Tenure-Track
Assistant/Associate; full-time position

Applicants are expected to have a background in
research in urban education, foundations in teaching and
curriculum, and research in urban settings. In addition to
having a commitment to social and economic justice,
the candidate should have an in-depth understanding
of the linkage between theory and practice and of
communicating the importance of this to the next
generation of teacher-leaders. Responsibilities include
teaching master's and doctoral courses in urban
education and foundations in education; the candidate
may also teach courses dealing with diversity, and will
direct the Urban Teaching and Leadership program in
collaboration with other Teaching and Curriculum faculty
members. We expect that candidates will be able to
supervise doctoral student research using a variety of
research methods. Experience teaching in urban settings is
desirable.

The position will begin fall 2009. Candidates should have
an earned doctorate by that time.
Send a letter of application stating research and teaching
interests, current vita, samples of publications or other
writing, and letters of reference to: Chris Ghinazzi, Search
Committee Support Staff, Box 270425 Dewey Hall, Warner
Graduate School of Education, University of Rochester,
Rochester, NY 14627. Deadline for applications is
November 1, 2008. We will begin to review applications
as of November 3, while continuing to process later
applications until the position is &#64257;lled.
For more information about this position, visit
www.rochester.edu/warner/facultystaff/working.html.
E-mail cghinazzi@warner.rochester.edu with questions.

Faculty Position
Inclusive Education/Special Education (Teaching & Curriculum) Tenure-Track
Assistant/Associate; full-time position

We de&#64257;ne inclusion as a commitment to the education
of all students within learning environments that value
diversity and maintain high expectations based on
students' individual strengths, needs, and interests.
Inclusion promotes and requires collaboration between
school, family, and community while providing students
with disabilities and classroom teachers the necessary
supports and services. Applicants are expected to have
a background in research and practice in inclusion of
students with disabilities across educational contexts,
and knowledge and experience within teacher
preparation. We expect candidates to be well grounded
in the inclusion literature and to be familiar with new
interdisciplinary directions in the construction of disability.
Job responsibilities include teaching courses in inclusive
practices and teaching strategies, as well as collaborating
with content area faculty in supervising students who are
pursuing dual certi&#64257; cation in secondary education and
inclusive/special education. We expect that candidates
will be able to supervise doctoral student research using a
variety of research methods. Experience teaching students
with disabilities preferred.

The position will begin fall 2009. Candidates should have an
earned doctorate by that time.
Send a letter of application stating research and teaching
interests, current vita, samples of publications or other
writing, and letters of reference to: Chris Ghinazzi, Search
Committee Support Staff, Box 270425 Dewey Hall, Warner
Graduate School of Education, University of Rochester,
Rochester, NY 14627. Deadline for applications is
November 1, 2008. We will begin to review applications
as of November 3, while continuing to process later
applications until the position is &#64257; lled.
For more information about this position, visit
www.rochester.edu/warner/facultystaff/working.html.
E-mail cghinazzi@warner.rochester.edu with questions.

Faculty Position
English Education (Teaching & Curriculum) Tenure-Track
Assistant/Associate; full-time position

Applicants are expected to have a background in the
research of English education and teaching and learning
in English classrooms. Responsibilities include teaching
master's and doctoral courses in English education;
the candidate will also direct the secondary English
certi&#64257;cation programs. Expertise in teaching academic
writing at the master's and/or doctoral level is desirable.
The candidate may also teach foundations of education
courses and/or research methods courses. We expect
that candidates will be able to supervise doctoral student
research using a variety of research methods. Experience
teaching English courses in secondary schools, especially in
urban settings, is also desirable.

The position will begin fall 2009. Candidates should have an
earned doctorate by that time.
Send a letter of application stating research and teaching
interests, current vita, samples of publications or other
writing, and letters of reference to: Chris Ghinazzi, Search
Committee Support Staff, Box 270425 Dewey Hall, Warner
Graduate School of Education, University of Rochester,
Rochester, NY 14627. Deadline for applications is
November 1, 2008. We will begin to review applications
as of November 3, while continuing to process later
applications until the position is &#64257;lled.
For more information about this position, visit
www.rochester.edu/warner/facultystaff/working.html.
E-mail cghinazzi@warner.rochester.edu with questions.

The Warner School of Education at the University of Rochester
Since 1850, the University of Rochester has been one of the country's
leading private universities. Warner is a professional school committed to
offering challenging education, advancing scholarship and research, and
encouraging fruitful collaborations between scholarship in education and
human development and current issues in practice and policy. Warner offers
programs in Educational Leadership, Teaching & Curriculum, and Counseling &
Human Development. We offer both master's and doctoral programs in each of
these areas and actively promote the cross fertilizations of ideas by
encouraging students to take courses across program lines and encouraging
faculty to develop collaborations across &#64257;elds. The relatively small
size of
our graduate school and our University make it easy to &#64257;nd and
develop
meaningful collaborations with colleagues outside of Educational Leadership,
as well as within it. The Warner School is committed to
increasing the diversity of the campus

An American Educational Research Association List

If you need assistance with this list, please send an email to
listadmin@aera.net.