Re: [xmca] question for help

From: Richard Beach <rbeach who-is-at umn.edu>
Date: Sat Aug 09 2008 - 08:23:12 PDT

Fernanda, two good books with some chapters on socio-cultural analyses of
classroom argument, particularly a cscl (computer-supported collaborative
learning) perspective:

Erduran, S., & Jimenez-Aleixandre, M. P. (Eds.). (2008). Argumentation in
science education: Perspectives from classroom-based research. Springer.

Andriessen, J., Baker, M., & Suthers, D. (2004). Arguing to learn:
Confronting cognitions in computer-supported collaborative learning.
Kluwer.

On 8/9/08 10:00 AM, "Peter Smagorinsky" <smago@uga.edu> wrote:

> I'm guessing that Chuck Bazerman has. p
>
> Peter Smagorinsky
> The University of Georgia
> 125 Aderhold Hall
> Athens, GA 30602
> smago@uga.edu/phone:706-542-4507
> http://www.coe.uga.edu/lle/faculty/smagorinsky/index.html

Richard Beach
Professor of English Education
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
359 Peik Hall, 159 Pillsbury Dr., S. E.
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455
rbeach@umn.edu
612-625-3893
Teaching Literature to Adolescents website
<http://www.teachingliterature.org/teachingliterature/>
TeachingMediaLiteracy.Com book website
<http://teachingmedialiteracy.com>
Engaging Students in Digital Writing website
<http://digitalwriting.pbwiki.com>