Re: [xmca] How is Microgenesis Different From Learning?

From: Lara Beaty <larabeaty who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 12:33:04 PDT

David,

I don't know if this example is any good, but the way I've been thinking
about it is this: An example of learning is when one reads a new word and
its definition and it makes sense. An example of microgenesis would be when
that word enters one's vocabulary and becomes a tool for thinking. What do
you think? And do you think this could be extended to show the difference
between a microgenetic change and an ontogenetic change?

Best,
Lara