RE: [xmca] Publish and/or Perish: ISI practices

From: Peter Smagorinsky <smago who-is-at uga.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 10:08:43 PDT

One revision to: "be kind to your colleagues."

I should have simply said: be kind. One of the best-known faculty members at
Wisconsin, I'm told, believes that secretaries and office managers should
have tenure votes. And many who smile benevolently upward toward senior
colleagues are notorious for their ill-treatment of students. So, indeed,
simply be kind.

Very useful advise, Peter. Thanks much for sharing this information
with the list,
David